Blue River Services, Inc. operates three, state-licensed child care centers:
- Rainbow’s End Child Care Center located in Corydon, Indiana
- Jumpstart Preschool at North Harrison Elementary School in Ramsey, Indiana
- Jumpstart Preschool at Morgan Elementary School in Palmyra, Indiana
All centers employ highly trained, dedicated staff who provide quality child care services and preschool programming. Children are encouraged to explore the world around them and learn through play within a safe, fun and nurturing environment. At Rainbow’s End, separate classrooms are provided for each age group, and children participate in activities that are developmentally and age appropriate.
All centers participate in Paths to Quality, Indiana’s child care quality rating and improvement system, and all have achieved a level 3 rating. Paths to Quality is a vital informational tool for parents as they make decisions about which early care settings are best for their children. Paths to Quality also provides an accountability measure for funding and creates an alignment between licensing, subsidy and quality among child care, head start, and kindergarten.
At Rainbow’s End, child care services are provided Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and serve children from 1 year old through 12 years old. For information about Jumpstart Preschool Programming, please see the Preschool section below.
For more information or to tour a center, please contact the site manager: Stephanie Martin, 812-738-1979 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND RAINBOW'S END CHILD CARE CENTERS ON FACEBOOK
Rainbow’s End Preschool and Child Care Center at Corydon:
Through funding from the Harrison County Community Foundation’s Jump Start Preschool initiative, preschool programming is offered at Morgan Elementary, North Harrison Elementary and Rainbow’s End Child Care Center in Corydon. While any child who is 4 years old by August 1 may enroll, to qualify for free programming, children must be from a household with an income that is 200% of poverty or below.
BRS, Inc. has provided quality preschool programming in Harrison County for more than 25 years. The preschool programs at Morgan and North Harrison are offered Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; however, if necessary to accommodate the needs of a working parent, students can arrive as early as 8 a.m. and remain at the school until 3 p.m. Breakfast, lunch and a nutritious afternoon snack are included. (At the Rainbow’s End site, children may arrive as early as 6 a.m. and remain at the center until 6 p.m.) Breakfast, a morning snack, lunch and a nutritious afternoon snack also are included at Rainbow’s End.
Any family wishing to enroll their child in the program may call 812-738-1979. Proof of residence and income must be provided to be considered for free programming.
After school programs offer extended day learning opportunities for students at:
- Morgan Elementary in Palmyra, Indiana – 3 to 6 p.m.
- North Harrison Elementary (3 to 6 p.m.) and North Harrison Middle School (3 to 5:30 p.m.) in Ramsey, Indiana
- Medora Elementary, Medora Junior High, and Medora High School in Medora, Indiana – 3 to 6 p.m.
- East Washington Elementary and Middle School – (2:30 to 5:30 p.m.) - and Eastern High School in Pekin, Indiana (7 to 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.)
- Bradie Shrum Elementary in Salem, Indiana – 3 to 6 p.m.
- Additionally, Blue River manages the Bridge to Success afterschool program at Slate Run Elementary in New Albany, Indiana – 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
Programs are available every day school is in session. Homework assistance, tutoring, social and emotional learning, counseling and therapy, and a wide variety of enrichment activities are included. For more information, please call 812-364-1142.
The Children’s Services Department of Blue River Services, Inc. is also the proud sponsor the Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Harrison County. The PCA council meets at 11 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings are held at the Harrison County Community Foundation building located at 1523 Foundation Way in Corydon, Indiana.
Prevent Child Abuse Harrison County works to increase public awareness, ensure the rights and needs of each child, and provide resources, support and prevention programs in the community.
For assistance or to join the council, please contact Julia Baylor at 812-364-1142.
Blue River Services, Inc. has joined forces with Eastern High School and Medora High School to create academic and career focused afterschool programs known as D.E.L.T.A. (Determination, Excellence, Leadership, Talent, and Achievement). The D.E.L.T.A. programs are provided throughout the school year and are designed to provide enriching academic activities that introduce high school students to a variety of career options. Students earn graduation credits while attending the program.
Throughout the year, programs operate with the following career focused thought process in mind:
- First 9 weeks: “Starting Over… Starting Off Right” – No matter what a student has done in the past, now’s their chance to start over and this time do it right! (Think in terms of high school students planning for their future).
- Second 9 Weeks: “Honeymoon is Over” – Time to get the work done! Earn the credits, take the online classes, etc.
- Third 9 Weeks: “Hobbies” – Students choose what they want to learn – building drones, for example, or taking CNA classes.
- Fourth 9 weeks: “Crossing the Finish Line”
Any high school student wishing to participate should contact the school or call 812-364-1142.