Welcome to Blue River Services, Inc.
Saturday, March 1, 2014 at Buffalo Trace Park
Thank You for the support of individuals, organizations, and businesses that helped us raise $9,500 for Blue River Services, Inc!
Results of the Splash & Shiver
- Jacob McClanahan from Corydon raised $750 to win the Splash & Shiver award for most money raised by an individual.
- Happy Feet Family Team (Hochstetler’s) raised $175 to win the Splash & Shiver award for most money raised by a team.
- Salem Crossing donated $250 to win the Splash & Shiver award for most money raised by a company
- Best costume award went to the Salem Crossing
Results of the 5K Walk/Run
- 1st place female division with a time of 23:32 minutes was Greta Sparks from Corydon
- 2nd place female division with a time of 25.46 minutes was Katie Broom from Corydon
- 3rd place female division with a time of 26:38 minutes was Melissa Nicholson from Campbellsburg, Indiana
- Isaac Blackman from Lanesville beat his last year’s time of 18:26 to win the 1st place male division again with a time of 18:11 minutes
- 2nd place male division with a time of 19:15 minutes was Nathan Broom from Corydon
- 3rd place male division with a time of 19:22 minutes was Vince Cecil from Lanesville
- Jeff Fredericks raised $50 to win the 5K Walk award for most money raised by an individual
- Arbor House Bed & Breakfast raised $70 to win the 5K Walk award for most money raised by a team
- Kevin’s Waddle & Walk Team raised $180 to win the 5K Walk award for most money raised by a BRS team
- Merry Lemmel raised $100 to win the One Mile Walk award for most money raised by an individual
- Lanesville United Methodist Church raised $322 to win the One Mile Walk award for most money raised by team
- Rainbow’s End Child Care team from Corydon raised $230 to win the One Mile Walk award for most money raised by a BRS Team
We had 97 participants and 35 volunteers that came out Saturday, March 1st to help support the mission of Blue River Services.
Blue River Services, Inc. (BRS) is a private not for profit organization founded in 1959 by six families that believed that all people are capable of learning when given the opportunity and appropriate support services. With this guiding philosophy for over 50 years the services we provide have expanded to meet the needs of our community and address barriers to independence for people with and without disabilities.
BRS strives to reach its motto of “People Serving People” by providing exceptional services that cover a wide spectrum; across all ages from infants to seniors, in all areas of life and levels of ability, from most to least restrictive. Our agency currently offers services through 13 departments. In fiscal year 2012, BRS served over 17,000 individuals in 28 Southern Indiana Counties.
We invite you to explore our web site and see how we can serve you.